As an Orlando, FL homeowner, you rely on your air conditioner to keep your home cool during the hot summer months. But when your AC breaks down or stops working properly, it can be extremely frustrating and uncomfortable.
If you're experiencing problems with your AC, don't hesitate to call US Heating & Air - your trusted HVAC technician, for help. We've outlined some of the most common A/C repair and service problems below, along with tips on troubleshooting and fixing them.
The Most Common AC Repair and Service Problems
1. AC not blowing cold air
2. AC unit not turning on
3. AC is leaking water
4. AC is making strange noises
5. Airflow is weak or not blowing at all
6. Relay issues
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Common A/C Repair and Service Problems
1. AC not blowing cold air: Check the thermostat to make sure it is set to "cool" and that the temperature is lower than the current room temperature. If the problem persists, check to see if the air filter is dirty and needs to be replaced. A dirty air filter often restricts airflow and makes the AC not to blow cold air.
2. AC unit not turning on: Make sure the power switch is turned on and there’s power to the unit. If the problem persists, check the circuit breaker or fuse box to see if there has been a power outage in your area. If there has been a power outage, you’ll need to reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse.
3. AC is leaking water: If your AC unit is leaking water, it could be due to a clogged drain line. Try flushing the drain line with bleach to clean it out. If the problem persists, there may be a more serious issue with the evaporator coil or condensate pump that requires your attention.
4. AC is making strange noises: If your AC is making strange noises, it could be due to a problem with the compressor, fan motor, or coil. Try turning the unit off. And then turn it on again to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, call your HVAC technician for help.
5. Airflow is weak or not blowing: Check the air filter to see if it's dirty and needs to be replaced. A dirty air filter restricts airflow and cause the AC not to blow at all, or only blow weakly. The problem could be with the blower motor or ductwork.
6. Relay issues: If you're experiencing relay issues with your AC, it could be a problem with the compressor or fan motor. Check the wiring to see if it's loose or damaged. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the relay switch.No matter what AC repair and service problem you're experiencing, the Orlando, FL experts at US Heating & Air can help. Our crew has the experience and knowledge to diagnose and fix any HVAC problem, big or small. Contact us today for a free estimate!