If your air conditioner is frozen, you're not alone. This problem seems to be happening more and more often in Longwood, FL. Don't worry, though - our AC techs are specialists in A/C repair and can help get your system up and running again in no time!
In this blog post, we'll provide tips on preventing your air conditioner from freezing in the first place and how to thaw it out if it does freeze. Keep reading for more information.
Why Does an Air Conditioner Freeze?
There are a few reasons an AC unit may freeze. Some of them are explained here:
1) The Air Conditioner Is Low on Freon.
While Freon does not technically freeze, its lack in your system can cause other issues leading to an AC unit freezing up. If your AC unit is low on Freon, a technician must add more to get your system working again.
2) The Evaporator Coils Are Dirty
The evaporator coils remove heat from the air in your home as part of the AC unit’s cooling process. If they get too dirty, they won’t be able to do their job correctly, and ice will build up on them.
A technician can clean the coils and clear away any ice.
If you have an older AC unit, it may be time to replace the entire system. Newer units are much more efficient and can save you money in the long run. If your AC unit is frozen, turn it off and call a technician right away. Trying to fix the problem yourself could make it worse and void your warranty.
3) The Air Feels Warm
If your AC unit is frozen, the air from the vents isn't as cold as it should be. The freezing process blocks airflow and prevents the evaporator coils from doing their job correctly.
When this happens, you may notice that the air from your vents feels warm, even though your thermostat is set to a cool temperature
4) Low Refrigerant
Low refrigerant is one of the most common causes of an air conditioner freezing up. Your AC unit needs refrigerant to work correctly, and if there isn't enough, it can cause the coils to freeze. A leak in the system usually causes this, and our AC technicians can help you locate and repair any leaks.
Why Should You Hire Experts for A/C Repair?
If you have a frozen air conditioner, hiring experts for A/C repair is essential. Here are a few reasons why:
- They will be able to quickly and efficiently thaw your AC unit, so it's up and running again in no time. Thawing involves more than just letting the unit sit in the sun; our team has the experience and knowledge to do it correctly.
- The expert team can check for any damage that may have occurred during the freezing process. If there is damage, they will be able to repair it quickly and efficiently, so you don't have to worry about it again.
- Once your unit is fixed, the team can help you prevent future freezing by giving tips on properly maintaining your AC unit. It will save you time, money, and frustration in the long run.
US Heating & Air Conditioning offers a wide variety of air conditioning services that will keep your home or office cool all year. We have the experience and knowledge to properly repair and maintain any air conditioner, including those frozen over. Call us today to schedule a service appointment, or visit our website to learn more about what we can do for you.