Greater Orlando Area Electrical Panel Repair & Replacement
Seminole County: Longwood, Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Casselberry, FL
Your electrical panel is the heart and the brain of your electrical system. Electricity enters your home through the main electrical entrance, then is distributed to where it is needed through a series of different connections that are controlled by circuit breakers. Your panel typically contains a couple dozen of these breakers, and sometimes more depending on the size of your home and the number of electrical features you use.
How Does an Electrical Panel Work?
An electrical panel provides a means for circuit breakers to manage and distribute electricity safely to outlets throughout a home or building. A licensed electrician wires all connections to the panel from the external power supply, such as a meter. The circuit breakers are then used to control how much electricity goes through, protecting both circuitry and outlets if an overload or surge occurs, which helps keep you safe from electric shock and fire hazards. A well-maintained, properly distributed electrical panel is essential for ensuring safe and reliable access to electric power in any property.
While panels are generally something you might not think about all that often, they are a key component in your modern day-to-day life—almost everything in your Orlando home depends on electricity in some way, and all electrical equipment is connected to your panel.
Schedule An Appointment
common signs you need an Electrical Panel replacement
- If your circuit breaker keeps tripping
- If your home doesn’t have enough outlets and your electrical demands have increased resulting in an overuse of power strips
- If you notice a burning odor which can be a sign of a fire hazard
- If your panel feels warm
- If your lights are acting up, such as flickering or dimming when you power on a device
- If you're adding additional rooms or new large appliances to your home that require more electricity
- If you find signs of rust or other damage to the panel
- If you hear unusual noises, such as buzzing, coming from the panel
- If you discover scorch marks on panels or outlets inside the home
Additionally, if your electrical panel is more than 50 years old or you find yourself constantly making repairs like changing breakers, give our Orlando electrical panel replacement pros a call and find out if replacing your panel is the right choice.
Should I Upgrade My Electrical Panel?
Electrical panels have few moving parts (generally none beyond the hammers on each individual circuit breaker), so most people often don’t think of their panel as a part that needs to be replaced. However, constant exposure to electrical energy, increased consumption, and wear and tear all play a part in your panel wearing out. Keep an eye out for any of the following signs that may indicate it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade in Orlando or beyond.
Pick up the phone and call our team at (407) 337-7925 today for electrical panel repairs in Orlando, FL.