When Should You Replace Electrical Wiring in a House?
A whole-home rewiring could feel like a massive project to take on. You want to be certain that it’s something your house will benefit from. Thankfully there are lots of reasons to hire a quality electrician like one from United States Heating & Air Conditioning.
We advise replacing wiring in houses that are beyond 30 years old, particularly if you’re frequently overloading breakers or have stained electrical outlets.
5 Perks of Installing New Wiring in Your Home
Here are a few other advantages of electrical rewiring for your house:
- More outlets. Old homes don’t have a lot of outlets, which means you could be using lots of extension cords. When used wrong, these cords might pose a fire risk. Rewiring your residence gives you a chance to add much-needed outlets.
- Better capacity. Dated houses often have a smaller electrical capacity, which reduces the number of devices you can use.
- Protects your residence. Outdated wiring could be dangerous since it could lead to a fire. A seasoned electrician like one at United States Heating & Air Conditioning will follow thorough precautions to confirm a rewiring project is completed correctly.
- Increases the value of your house. If your residence needs updated wiring, it could be difficult to sell. A rewiring project could be what helps you to successfully close a sale.
- Connects new additions or renovations. If you’re performing major construction on your house, the differentiation in wiring between old and new sections could create issues. Adding a new addition is a great opportunity to rewire your complete residence to make your electrical system the same across the board.
A whole-home rewiring project is a good option if your house is more than 30 years old, you’re thinking about selling it or are completing major renovations. It also adds a priceless layer of security. If you’re ready to start your project, give United States Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 407-774-9850 to request a free estimate now!